Thursday 6 October 2016

The Fuzzy Gray Coat Karina Wants to Wear Throughout Fall

Madewell et Sézane Octave Blazer Coat, $268, available at Madewell
When I previewed Madewell's collaboration with Parisian label Sézane, my eyes instantly fell upon this heather gray coat. Joyce Lee, Madewell's head of design, was standing next to me as I felt the wool lapel (even softer than I imagined) and upon her suggestion, I tried it on. Put simply, it felt like walking around enveloped in a stylish hug. It was just the best.

At 5'2, I generally avoid coats with a longer cut, since they tend to make me look even smaller than I already am. But to my surprise, the coat fit me — and, despite hitting just above the knee, didn't overwhelm my petite frame. It was cozy, thanks to a wool-alpaca blend, but not so warm that I couldn't wear it on a brisk autumn day here in New York. I usually gravitate toward coats in shades of charcoal and black, so the light gray color will add some needed lightness to my fall wardrobe of dark sweaters. And because this is a post about coats, I will sign off with the following video for your viewing enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment