Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Unexpected Stud Earring at the Top of Stephanie's Wish List

Smith & Mara White Sapphire Round Spiral Earring, $190, available at SmithandMara.com.
I've never been a fan of dangly earrings. They look elegant on some people, sure, but on me, I think they feel stuffy and slightly off. So, when I find a stud earring that feels new or interesting,
I'm all over it. (One such recent discovery was Smith & Mara's "Ear Suspender," which Maria wrote about not too long ago, and I listed as one of my fall must-haves.) And then I came upon this simple-but-cool-but-simple twisty post earring on Instagram from the same designer:
Rather than a standard post earring with a separate back (which I always inevitably lose), this version is a twisty spiral that loops through the piercing and around the bottom of the ear lobe; there's something so unexpected and satisfying about the way it sits on the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment