Tuesday 29 March 2016

THE CHOKER THAT DOESN’T REMIND MARIA OF THE '90S

Fallon Armure Link Front Leather Wrap Choker in Gold, $285, available at FallonJewelry.com.
I am loving the choker trend that's going on right now. But instead of throwing it back to my high school days of cutting up black tights from dance class to make a collection of DIY chokers, I've been on the hunt for a more grown-up style.
The jewelry brand Fallon caught my eye after peeping a Snapchat story by hairstylist Jen Atkin, in which she asked viewers to choose her accessories for a night out. The majority voted for a crystal-and-leather choker like this and I then made a mental note to check out what else designer Dana Lorenz had in store.
Once I scrolled through Fallon's necklace section online, there it was: A combination of sleek yellow gold and black leather (my favorite combination, aside from peanut butter and chocolate) wrapped up together to make the perfect choker that's far removed from the stretch tattoo or silk ribbon styles worn during my teenage years. It's baller AF. It's something Rihanna would wear. And it just might bring me one step closer to adulting. Okay, probably not when it comes to adulting, but at least my outfit will look just a little bit cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment