Monday 8 April 2024

The Bob Haircut & How To Style It







Over the last year or two, I’ve done two drastic things to my hair. First, I got bangs in November 2022. Then after a little less than a year with them, I decided to cut them and get a bob. I haven’t looked back since I got a bob haircut. When anyone ever asks me about my haircut, I almost always say, “YOU SHOULD GET ONE TOO”. I know, I know there are some hair types and face shapes that might not be suited for a bob (I mean, tbh, I don’t really agree with this), but if it’s something you’re interested in doing to YOUR OWN HAIR? I say go for it. At the end of the day, hair always grows back.

What I Asked For – The Bob Haircut

I just love my bob haircut. I think it’s my favorite haircut ever, and I can’t see myself with long hair ever again. Crazy statement, I know. When I first decided to go shorter, all I knew is that I wanted it to be one length. After about 6 weeks, I knew I wanted to keep it this length, so I decided to go get a trim (and have gotten 2 more since then). Now I feel like I’m a pro when it comes to what to ask for when I’m getting a cut. I tell my stylist I want it all one length, right at my chin with some soft, blended texture.

I know this may not be realistic (it’s not super realistic to me either, but I try to stick to this schedule & budget it in), but I prefer to get my hair cut every 6-8 weeks.

Ways I Style My Bob Haircut

There are actually a lot of ways to style your bob haircut.

  • Blown out & straightened
  • Air-dried & tousled
  • Add a bend!
  • Add messy little curls
  • Waves 

I also think short hair looks extra cool with hats. I love wearing baseball hats, and beanies in the winter.

 Products I Use To Style My Bob

When it comes to styling a bob haircut, there are SO many things out there:

  • Flat iron
  • Dry shampoo
  • Heat protectant
  • Texturizing spray
  • Pomade (optional)

And there you have it!! I truly think a bob haircut is a low-maintenance haircut that looks great on a lot of people. If you’ve been thinking about taking the leap, DO IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment